Laser Hair Removal
"I love laser hair removal! It not only saves me time (important to a mom) and money (razors, etc.) but embarrassment! Now I don’t hesitate to swim, run, and play in the summer! It really boosts my self-image and self-confidence. I’m so glad I did it! Thank you." -G.B.
Many people have unwanted hair in various places on their bodies. Our laser hair removal system is the safest, most effective approach to hair removal. Laser hair removal is also a very effective treatment for razor rash, bumps, ingrown hair and/or folliculitis. It is commonly used to treat the excess hair growth caused by PCOS or insulin resistance.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
- Almost every part of the body may be treated for unwanted hair. Feel free to discuss your needs with a Harmony Laser Center specialist.
- Laser hair removal for women is typically completed to remove facial hair, unwanted hair on the underarms, legs and bikini line.
- Laser hair removal for men is very common. Typically the areas of the shoulders, back, chest and between the eyebrows are treated.
How Does It Work?
Our laser hair removal process uses a revolutionary long-pulse, high-energy laser. We offer the Candela GentleLase® which emits a gentle beam of light and the beam passes through the skin to the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. We also offer the Cynosure Elite® YAG laser which combines two optimal wavelengths in one system and is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction of darker skin types.
What To Expect
- A test area may be done prior to the first treatment. Your full treatment may be done the same day or up 2 weeks later, depending on how your skin reacts.
- When treating facial hair and bikini area hair, the treatment is typically completed in just a few minutes; legs and larger areas may take longer.
- A light spray of coolant on the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse. Most clients experience very little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device. You may request a topical anesthetic, based on your individual preferences or tolerances.
- The side-effects of laser hair removal are minimal. Often times after the treatment the area treated may become pink or red within 30 minutes of having the treatment. This is not unusual and may last from a few hours to several days and can be relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
- There is no expected down time after having this procedure.
- Why laser treatment?
- Traditional hair removal techniques such as shaving, plucking and waxing provide only temporary relief and can be painful. The laser hair removal process offers safe, effective, affordable and comfortable solution to your unwanted hair needs.
- Will it work for me?
- It's important to know that the laser treatment only works on darker hair. If you're looking to remove blond, white, gray, or red hair, electrolysis remains the best solution. The best results are with people with dark hair and light skin, but effective treatments can also be accomplished for people with darker skin tones, using our Elite YAG Laser.
- What precautions should be taken before and after the treatment?
- You should try to avoid a major suntan 4 to 6 weeks before and after the treatment. Also avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment. If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4 to 6 weeks before treatment to optimize results. Be sure to discuss your desired results and improvements with your certified technician. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.